Find me on the Web!

Flickr: pdrfilms
Twitter: pdrfilms

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Progress on Next Short Film - "Wife of the Bad Guy"

Over the summer, I'd wasted a couple of months editing together the short "Wife of the Bad Guy," which we'd shot about a year ago. I say "wasted" because there was a problem with the editing software and I could never get the sound and image to properly synch up.

So after months of frustration, I switched gears over to editing my OTHER movie, "The Wedding Enforcer." I got that one looking and sounding pretty good and its ready to go to the festival circuit. So I've now pretty much wrapped up "Wedding Enforcer" work and have gone back to "Bad Guy."

I spent two frustrating nights transfering the video files from the PC laptop over to the Mac, only to discover that the frame size from the laptop files was only about 1/4th what it should have been.

So I've been forced to go back to the original DV tapes and directly transfer them into the Mac. I've got footage from two of the four tapes uploaded into the Mac and its looking pretty good. I'll spend the next couple of nights uploading the rest of the footage and will actually edit the movie this weekend. With any luck, I'll have a rough cut ready to show to people at the "Mini-Premiere" of "Wedding Enforcer" on January 17th.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: